Wednesday, May 26, 2010

iPhone Apps for Graphic Designers

Tick Tock... Tick Tock... The clock is ticking away... Has the Apple iPhone come out on something other than AT&T yet, so I can get one?

It's not like anyone needs another reason to lust after the Apple iPhone, but I found some applications that are made specifically for graphic designers that will make you druel [Which makes me want it that much more, lol]. There are more apps that I will need to download when the day comes, but these are specifically meant for the coolest people that walk the earth [graphic designers, duh] and I thought I would share the good findings.

Let the downloading begin!


Ruler 

Very simply, Ruler is a… ruler and it's on your iPhone or iPod touch. Works in centimetres and inches and can save your latest measurement. This will come in handy even if you aren't a graphic designer. Whoo Hoo!



Palettes 

Palettes is an iPhone App for creating color schemes. With Palettes, it is possible to sample colors from websites, iPhone photo album images or other color schemes. It will import and export color palettes to and from Adobe Photoshop and supports a number of color modes, including RGB, HSV, HSL and CMYK. There is also a Lite version of Palettes, which does not cost anything, but has some features removed (such as importing and exporting palettes from Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro and other programs. This is pretty cool, I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!


Things 

Things is a productivity application, or task manager. Things allows the creation of to do lists and allows the prioritisation of items. For example lists can be created for items to be done today, next, or at scheduled times or dates. I will be using this one left and right, I am a note/list maker and lover.


Color Expert 

Another color-based app, which functions by providing a swatch library and interactive color wheel to help enable creatives to select, showcase and identify colors. Color Expert includes various Pantone swatches, web safe and HTML colors. It is also possible to add custom colors and email Adobe Swatch Exchange (ASE) files. Nifty Stuff, I tell you what!


Caliper 

Caliper is another measuring tool for the iPhone, but this App uses caliper jaws to enable measurement. The upper and lower caliper jaws can be moved independently or together and measurements can be taken in pixels, as well as centimetres and inches. I would like to see this one in action, wow.


I cannot wait until my day comes when the iPhone will be MINE. For now I have my dreams and my daydreams.

1 comment:

hkdezigner said...

Moonlight42 - That is pretty sweet!! I love all of the apps everyone has created! I cannot wait to have phone or ipod that can use them. woot woot.

Thanks for sharing.