Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I use Photoshop EVERY DAY!! A computer without Photoshop is useless to me. [#PSMYWorld]

Since 2002 I have been a Photoshop NUT / Fanatic. Sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't... [but I ways do] Ha ha!

There has only been a very few amount of days that I haven't used Photoshop for the past several years. Of course I use it for my job because I'm a professional Graphic Artist but I also use it for fun too! When my computer is down I feel like I'm missing my arm or leg.  It's true!  I really enjoy working on my computer using photoshop to make stuff. It's like magic in a box! They don't call it "Photoshop Magic" for nothing.

I'd have to say Photoshop is, by far, my favorite Adobe program. There are some people who favor Adobe Illustrator for their designs but I'm in love with Photoshop. There isn't really anything you cannot do in Photoshop that wont rock your socks off.

Top Ten Reasons I love Photoshop:

  1. It includes the Pen tool =) I sure do enjoy my custom shapes!
  2. Brushes, there are so many websites with free awesome brushes that spice your artwork up like a bowl of chili!
  3. Effects, sometimes adding a drop shadow to your artwork makes a world of a difference!
  4. Anything is in your hands!... You can use photoshop to do practically ANYTHING... Wanna have a photo of you riding a bear???  Yeah... I can do that in Photoshop!
  5. Animations. You can make an animated gif if you need to... right there in Photoshop!
  6. Website tools. You can do your layout and then cut it all out, EASY! Right there in Photoshop!
  7. ACTIONS! Yeah!  I love the custom actions you can make. It's the smart way! I use this a lot for my website photos.
  8. Batches. Yet another smart way to do design. Nothing like making the computer do all of the work! Time SAVER Indeed! Ha ha! It reminds me of my friend Scott [He would be sitting at his desk with his feel up while 3 computers were running a batches to resize an entire website... He commented that he WAS working].
  9. Photo enhancement options. Sometimes photos come out bad and I love using photoshop to make them look beautiful. Also, you can have tons of fun with the cool effects. Who wants blue eyes??
  10. Clone Stamp... AWESOME <3
  11. [Sorry, one more] LIQUIFY. You cannot forget this! I LOVE the pinch tool! Good bye chunky arms or whatever! Pinch Pinch Pinch... PERFECT!


I have an entire website FULL of stuff I've made MOSTLY from photoshop. I think the artwork speaks for it's self on how brilliant of a program it is... Of course, these were my design ideas... but Photoshop helped me succeed to make them happen!

Feel Free to browse my website:
www.hkdezigner.com

No comments: