Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sedona, Arizona and all of it's beauty!

Check out this Sedona, Arizona photography video I made showcasing some of my favorite photos from a recent vacation I took.


This summer I had the opportunity to head up to Sedona, Arizona with some good friends. If you have never been, you should stop your ninnywagon ways and head up there already. The coolest part, for us Phoenix folks, is that it's only an hour or so to get up there all you need is some gas money and you can even bring your own treats.

Our first stop on our mini vacation to Sedona, Arizona was Montezuma Castle National Monument. It is one of the best preserved cliff dwellings in North America and a sight to see. I enjoyed the rocks and the mini forrest like features on the north side of the dwellings. We got some amazing photos, and a mini workout from our mini hike. Haha, so far everything was mini, but very enjoyable for a weekend get away on a budget. Even better, Montezuma Castle National Monument is only 30 mins away from Phoenix. It could be a spur of the moment super mini vacation.

Here are some photos from Montezuma Castle National Monument


We didn't stop there. We headed on north up to a little river where the rocks work like a natural slide, Slide Rock.  Other than the hour long wait to park, it was pretty amazing once we got in. People slide down the slick natural water chute or wade and sun along the creek. It was pretty amazing, so simple but yet a lot of fun.

Our first run down the slide was pretty intense. Even in the Arizona sun, the water was FREEZING... It made me think of Jack, from the movie Titanic when he said "The water is so cold that it will feel like 1,000 knives piercing your skin" he wasn't kidding. My attempt on staying halfway dry was ruined on the first trip down the slide. Sunglasses included, I was engulfed by the current and taken for a little trip. The loss of my awesome sunglasses was heartbreaking news on such a sunny day, but we ended up finding them later sitting by the side of the river with a few scratches but still good enough to wear [Praise the lord!].  I STRONGLY recommend going to Slide Rock, you will never forget it. I want to go back again sometime soon.

The day was an adventure with great friends and I feel pretty lucky that we got to go and have such a fun time. To be honest, we didn't even spend that much money either [Shibby!].  You don't really need to be a high roller to have fun in Arizona! Ok, don't make this weird... go up to Sedona already we won't judge you [Hahaha, I don't even know who "we" is but it sounded good].

[unrelated note: I really wanna watch Titanic right now but I don't own it on DVD, tear. Dang movie reference! Next time I should reference something I own like Point Break.]

No comments: